Technology Park Entrance Criteria and Guidelines
The Nebraska Technology Park, L.L.C. established criteria for defining land and building use appropriate to the mission and environment of the Nebraska Technology Park.
All potential occupants of the Technology Park and Technology Development Center must be approved by the executive committee and evaluated in accordance with the criteria. Potential companies for the Technology Development Center will be admitted via the same process or by other appropriate representatives as may be required from time to time.
Land and Building Use
- Laboratories and related facilities intended for basic and applied research, development or testing of technology-based products and services.
- Facilities intended for production or assembly of products of a technological nature, provided that this production is supported by on-site research or product-development activities.
- Pilot plants in which prototype production processes can be tested and used for assembly of products of a technological nature.
- Corporate, regional and divisional headquarters of technology-based or knowledge-driven companies and organizations.
- Technology-dependent or computer-based facilities dedicated to the processing of data or analysis of information, provided that these information services are supported by on-site research or product development.
- Offices and related facilities of not-for-profit research or educational institutes, as well as professional, training, research, scientific or engineering associations.
- Corporate and professional training facilities, provided these facilities maintain ongoing cooperative relationships with the university’s continuing education or extension programs.
- Incidental operations required to maintain or support any uses permitted in Paragraphs 1 through 7 above, such as instrumentation shops, micro-electronics, and machine shops.
- Any other facilities reasonably related to the intended mission of the Technology Park, provided these uses are consistent with use permit approved by the Nebraska Technology Park, L.L.C.
No building or land in the Technology Park shall be used for:
- Distribution or warehouse operations, except as such operations relate to use permit or covenants and are incidental to an approved production or information-service operation.
- Facilities of the type that are in violation of use permit and covenants or could cause an operational nuisance, such as excessive noise, noxious odors, or emission of environmentally hazardous effluents or gasses.